This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken has tender shredded chicken in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. This recipe is one of the easiest crock pot meals!
Slow cooker meals are some of my favorites for getting dinner on the table fast. This slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipe is one of my easiest crockpot chicken recipes! This saucy chicken is a little bit sweet, a little tangy, and all around delicious!
This recipe is a true dump and go slow cooker recipe. It takes just a few minutes to get the chicken and honey garlic sauce ingredients in the slow cooker. Then while you go about your day, dinner will practically cook itself.
My family loves honey garlic sauce, and if yours does too, you might also enjoy our Honey Garlic Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin, Instant Pot Pork Chops with honey garlic sauce, Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts and Honey Garlic Salmon.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Boneless chicken breasts will take 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. Boneless chicken thighs will take 4-6 hours on low or 2-4 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken to a clean cutting board or bowl and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry into the sauce in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 10-20 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. How to shred chicken includes 3 easy ways for shredding chicken.Serve the chicken and sauce over rice.
- You might also find my guide on How to Use a Slow Cooker helpful. It includes tips to help you get the most out of your slow cooker.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
This slow cooker honey garlic chicken is such an easy meal that I like to keep the side dishes simple as well. Here are a few suggestions:
- Rice: Serve the chicken and sauce over white rice, Brown Rice, Instant Pot Rice or Instant Pot Brown Rice. Then sprinkle on some fresh cilantro or chopped green onions, plus sesame seeds for garnish.
- Vegetables: Instant Pot Green Beans, Roasted Green Beans, Roasted Carrots or a Baked Sweet Potato are some of my favorite easy side dishes to go with this meal.
- Salad: Try a simple Green Salad or a Kale Avocado Salad
STORAGE AND REHEATING TIPS
If you have leftover honey garlic chicken, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It reheats well, making it perfect for meal prep. Reheat chicken and sauce in a saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat, or reheat in the microwave.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you